Good evening friends!
I just wanted to pop in and share a recent project that I whipped up.
I picked up these chairs at a thrift store recently for $20 each.
They reminded me of chairs from a conference room with a fun mid-century mod look.
It was really simple to unscrew the arm/leg pieces so that I could paint them. I used Minwax polyshades in classic black satin to paint the arms/legs. I love the polyshades stain because it doesn't require sanding and it has a built in sealer so it is really a one step process. I bought some quilt batting on sale at JoAnn's when I chose my upholstery fabric. I added 4 layers of batting to the seat and seat back just to add a little extra cushion and because I wanted to easily recover the chairs I decided not to take the orange pleather off.
I picked out a herringbone pattern in neutral colors.We have a neutral colored floral couch beside these chairs, I like that the chairs have texture and pattern without putting out an overt design that conflicts with our couch.
I'm really happy with the way my chairs turned out. They are really comfortable and make such a neat addition to our sitting area. Thanks for stopping by!